Vietnamese Rice Noodles Salad



I made this dish when I was home alone this weekend. I went to Paris with my brothers and mum the week before, and they have the best Vietnamese food over there! I was still reminiscing about the pho I had. After all the desserts in France I was craving for a light meal, we still had some left over chicken in the fridge from the night before, this is how I pimped my mom's leftovers. 


This recipes serves 2


INGREDIENTS

Dressing
1 lime, using both the zest and juice
1 glove of garlic, finely chopped
1 red chili, finely chopped (remove the seeds if you want it less spicy)
30 ml fish sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
60 ml water
1 tbsp rice vinegar

Salad
bean sprouts
50 gram of rice noodles
cabbage, finely sliced
carrots, finely sliced
half onion, finely sliced
left over chicken or some other left over meat, shredded

Toppings
handful of chopped green onions
koriander/mint (optional)
roasted hazelnut/peanuts, chopped
roasted sesame seed

DIRECTIONS

Dressing
1. Place the fish sauce, vinegar, sugar and water in a pan over medium heat and stir to combine, then set aside to cool.
2. Add garlic, chili, lime juice and lime zest, stir to combine.

Salad
1. Prepare the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packaging, then set apart in a large bowl. (The preparation of the noodles depends on the brand you use. For mine, I soaked the rice noodles in a large bowl with boiling water for 7 minutes, then drained).
2. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the left over chicken, stir fry until the chicken is warm, then add the veggies and stir-fry for another 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and the veggies to the bowl of noodles. Add the dressing, toss well to combine.
4. Garnish your dish with the toppings.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.